Thursday, September 5, 2013

why should you run?

Today I went for a run. I felt like a starving dinosaur who spotted a flock of cavemen covered in Oreos. I'm sure that's exactly what I looked like. I was running, embracing the sweat pouring down my forehead, trying to suck in my abs and throw my shoulders back. Despite the fact I had Carrie Underwood cheering me on, I asked myself why I was doing what I was doing the entire time. Why get a red face, sweaty pits, and aching legs? Why feel like I am going to throw my lungs up? I thought of six good reasons why I should keep going.

1. You not only feel better physically, but your mind starts to feel better too! I feel more creative, perky, and organized! In fact, I stopped seeing all of those people everywhere and hearing things since I started running.

2. You have the urge to eat healthier. It's sort of a given thing, wanting to eat cleaner foods. Thinking about running with pieces of frozen pizza and Reese's floating around in your stomach is a lot grosser than peaches and hummus.

3. Your nails, hair, skin, and body look healthier.

4. Running makes you less sad, and more happy. And less chance of murdering anyone. Running releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't shoot their husbands.

5. Your heart and lungs get strengthened. Which makes it harder to get your heart broken but easier to scream and burn things when it does.

6. You feel like a super-star. And that's reasons enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment